DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Filling a hole in a ceiling (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/230357-filling-hole-ceiling.html)

Dave Plowman (News) January 18th 08 01:42 PM

Filling a hole in a ceiling

Thanks for the tips which are useful but I'm concerned about the surface
finish showing through the paint.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] January 18th 08 02:13 PM

Filling a hole in a ceiling

On 18 Jan, 13:42, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Thanks for the tips which are useful but I'm concerned about the surface
finish showing through the paint.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

If you are that fussy, then you'll have to iterate a fill/sand/paint
cycle until you achieve a satisfactory finish.

The Natural Philosopher January 18th 08 03:46 PM

Filling a hole in a ceiling

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Thanks for the tips which are useful but I'm concerned about the surface
finish showing through the paint.

Oh, use plaster - finishing plaster - and then sand flush.

You may have to paint the whole ceiling again, as new paint never quite
matches old.

give the new section a few coats of the old paint first, then get a pot
of new and redecorate.

[email protected] January 24th 08 12:57 PM

Filling a hole in a ceiling

On 18 Jan, 13:42, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Thanks for the tips which are useful but I'm concerned about the surface
finish showing through the paint.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I recently used TMH's solution and the hole is now 100% invisible -
even I can't remember where it is - and these things usually haunt me
- because even though no-one else will notice it - I *know* it's
there!

Mark.