Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3D wiring diagrams

3D wiring diagrams

Is there a standard for doing wiring diagrams in 3D,
I'm not sure on the PartP law on rewiring my own house
but surely I could help by doing a diagram of what's where,
but as the wires go on lots of levels is there 3d software around?

I'm looking at
http://www.blender.org/
and
http://sketchup.google.com/

but is there a standard with templates anywhere?

george

and ditto for water pipes!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
3D wiring diagrams

Is there a standard for doing wiring diagrams in 3D,
I'm not sure on the PartP law on rewiring my own house
but surely I could help by doing a diagram of what's where,
but as the wires go on lots of levels is there 3d software around?

I'm looking at
http://www.blender.org/
and
http://sketchup.google.com/

but is there a standard with templates anywhere?

george

and ditto for water pipes!

Wiring diagrams are not done generally in 3D.

Certainly for houses, there will usually be no schematic drawings at
all. The locations of equipment and accessories are noted on the
architectural general arrangements and a list of final circuits from the
consumer unit is generated on a word processor (or a fag packet or Excel).

There will often not be any kind of brief to the electrical contractor,
who will be expected to find suitable cable routes as he goes along.

Where it is necessary to show cable routes, they are usually done in an
arbitrary schematic form with different line styles/widths/colours
representing different services/sizes.

Sometimes a detailed setting-out drawing is completed, e,g, for a plant
room. In this case, each element (box, panel, boiler, tray, trunking,
isolator, etc) is drawn properly to scale.

HTH
Rumble
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ISTR the OSG (On Site Guide) has some examples. Very basic schematics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

what is ISTR?
where is On Site Guide?

--

~ [g] ~
~ ~

wrote in message
ISTR the OSG (On Site Guide) has some examples. Very basic schematics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:36:05 UTC, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:

what is ISTR?

I Seem To Recall

where is On Site Guide?

In the bookshop!

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know very little about house wiring or for that matter 3 dimensional
drawings but this web site might be of use?

I know it has helped me with wiring up my workshop complete with
seperate earth!

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ringmain.htm

Regards, Peter.