DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Warm Air Heator (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/228448-warm-air-heator.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 08 12:58 PM

Warm Air Heator

Hi,

I have a wram air boiler/heating system. The heating works fine, but
the water only gets luke warm. I can't seem to find anything on the
boiler which controls the water heat, just the heating controls. Does
anyone know where the heat level is controlled with a warm air system
- is it on the boiler or in the loft?

It is a 27 year old boiler which was put in when the house was built,
I had a gas safety certificate done 6 months back and is all fine.

ANyone got any knowledge of these systems?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mat.

[email protected] January 3rd 08 01:29 PM

Warm Air Heator

Thanks fo the quick reply

I will have to find that info out next time I am at the property.

I don't much about boilers/heating systems etc, but in the kithcen is
what I would call the boiler - it is floor to ceiling and has heating
timeing controls etc. There something in the hallway which has 10, 20
& 30 on it (I assume this is celcius degrees). Upstairs in the
bathroom is an airing cupboard with a large tank in - there are some
pipes going into this from the ceiling (from the loft) with some knobs
which can be turned, presumably to stop the water flow.

I will get the extra info in a few days time though,

Thanks.

cj January 3rd 08 10:42 PM

Warm Air Heator

Hi
If it is a Staywarm system (IIR they were grey/green coloured) it should
have a small gas water heater bolted to the heat exchanger just inside the
heater front cover .This had a dial type thermostat to regulate water temp'.
Good units in their time but long past their sell-by date.

CJ

[email protected] January 4th 08 10:17 AM

Warm Air Heator

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to the property tonight, so I'll
have a look.