DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita on E Bay (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/227769-makita-e-bay.html)

The Medway Handyman December 30th 07 12:28 PM

Makita on E Bay

Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop on
the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Andy Burns[_2_] December 30th 07 12:38 PM

Makita on E Bay

Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop on
the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

That refers to non-EU models having no warranty wehn imported, the IoW
one says it has full manuf. warranty Lawson site does sound like FUD to me.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

The seller looks ok, been around a few years, good feedback, better be
quick, only one left ...

Mark December 30th 07 12:39 PM

Makita on E Bay

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop
on the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

The seller has a 4000plus feedback score and 100% positive. Read the
feedbacks. Looks good to me

mark

Andy Hall December 30th 07 01:02 PM

Makita on E Bay

On 2007-12-30 12:28:46 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop on
the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

If you look at their Ebay shop details there is a link to their bricks
and mortar shop and to their own web site.

https://secure.thetoolman.co.uk/

Interestingly, though, they don't have the Makita Impact driver listed there.

I would call them, ask why and if satisfied, buy it over the phone.

George December 30th 07 01:03 PM

Makita on E Bay

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop

on
the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

£50 here including P&P
http://www.tooled-up.com/SubCategory...ID=34&SCID=546

George December 30th 07 01:16 PM

Makita on E Bay

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Its £44.50 if you add P&P

George December 30th 07 01:24 PM

Makita on E Bay

Even cheaper and a good FB
http://tinyurl.com/2unntz

The Medway Handyman December 30th 07 03:19 PM

Makita on E Bay

George wrote:
Even cheaper and a good FB
http://tinyurl.com/2unntz

Thanks. I know Marshall & Parsons from when I lived in Essex.

I'll give them a call.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Pete C December 30th 07 04:14 PM

Makita on E Bay

On Dec 30, 12:28*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

Yes, but that aside it's 17Nm max torque.

cheers,
Pete.

John Rumm December 30th 07 04:19 PM

Makita on E Bay

George wrote:

Even cheaper and a good FB
http://tinyurl.com/2unntz

Yup, brilliant shop - been there in person on a number of occasions.
They can also order and supply spares for most proper tools and have a
service centre as well.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area, only a small ish shop but
they do pack in the kit. Last time I went for example they had over a
dozen mitre saws set up for display - most on proper stands or tables as
well.

--
Cheers,

John.

The Medway Handyman December 30th 07 04:53 PM

Makita on E Bay

wrote:

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

Yes, but that aside it's 17Nm max torque.

Which is pretty good for a small driver like this. The Ryobi one is nothing
like as powerful. The Metabo is 16Nm.

I want something small for confined spaces. This also has 2 batteries,
rather than a built in one.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Neil December 30th 07 06:26 PM

Makita on E Bay

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I need
an *impact* screwdriver?
Go on, give me an excuse...

Regards,
Neil

[email protected] December 30th 07 06:42 PM

Makita on E Bay

On Dec 30, 6:26*pm, "Neil" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in nder.co.uk...

Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I need
an *impact* screwdriver?
Go on, give me an excuse...

Regards,
Neil

You obviously haven't got one, so therefore you need one! well
that's the excuse I use and she has not questioned it yet!!!

Andy Hall December 30th 07 07:29 PM

Makita on E Bay

On 2007-12-30 18:26:16 +0000, "Neil" said:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I need
an *impact* screwdriver?
Go on, give me an excuse...

Regards,
Neil

But of course. These things can conquer Al Qaeda, inflation in
Zimbabwe and even sort out a prime minister for Belgium.

Oh, and provided that you are not looking for subtlety can put in a
screw or two as well.

Plus, the rapid way in which they appear to do it will impress those
around you and make them think that you are a true professional.

TMH is even looking for a way to work his into his magic acts - great
for attaching the lid to the box with the girl inside really quickly.

John Rumm December 30th 07 09:09 PM

Makita on E Bay

Neil wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I need
an *impact* screwdriver?

Go on, give me an excuse...

Here you go:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Impact_driver

You know it makes sense! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Mark December 30th 07 11:11 PM

Makita on E Bay

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop
on the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference
http://tinyurl.com/3xlg6f

However Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita_warranty.htm which seems to me like a
scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

I've just had a look on eBay. did a search on: Makita TD020DSE

24 for sale. You might be interested to list the 'completed ' items. It
shows that the normal price is £25-£30 + del.

mark

The Medway Handyman January 1st 08 01:09 PM

Makita on E Bay

Neil wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message .uk...
Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I
need an *impact* screwdriver?

Of course you do!

Go on, give me an excuse...

The one I use is "I need it for the business luv". Seems to work :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk