DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   closing cavity under door threshold (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/224898-closing-cavity-under-door-threshold.html)

sm_jamieson December 6th 07 05:12 PM

closing cavity under door threshold

I'm thinking about the little details about wall building, since I
will be starting this after Christmas. New cavity wall built up to
ground level minus 65mm (65mm left for screed to floor level), pouring
floorslab inside, but how is the cavity closed under the door
threshold, so that the solid floor stretches "over" the cavity ?
(I will probably have the UPVC door sill set down a course so you
don't have to step up and over it to get outside)
And what happens to the floor slab DPM / wall DPC under the door ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Mark December 6th 07 06:06 PM

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
I'm thinking about the little details about wall building, since I
will be starting this after Christmas. New cavity wall built up to
ground level minus 65mm (65mm left for screed to floor level), pouring
floorslab inside, but how is the cavity closed under the door
threshold, so that the solid floor stretches "over" the cavity ?
(I will probably have the UPVC door sill set down a course so you
don't have to step up and over it to get outside)
And what happens to the floor slab DPM / wall DPC under the door ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Have done this recently. I used some old slate roof tiles to bridge the
door threshold.

mark