DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rough estimate of combined wattage (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/223483-rough-estimate-combined-wattage.html)

diy-newby December 3rd 07 11:13 AM

Rough estimate of combined wattage

Hi

I am wanting to put a small chest freezer (600mm wide) and a tumble dryer in
my garage. These will be plugged into either a hard wired socket or run
from an extension. I have been told I need to keep the draw less than 13A,
which is about 3100 watts.

Does anyone know how much electricity a typical small chest freezer and
tumble dryer uses (in watts) please?

Andy Wade December 3rd 07 01:13 PM

diy-newby wrote:

I have been told I need to keep the draw less than 13A,
which is about 3100 watts.

2,990 VA, actually.

Does anyone know how much electricity a typical small chest freezer

~ 100-150 W

tumble dryer uses (in watts) please?

2-2.2 kW commonly, but could be more. In each cases look at the rating
plate on the appliance. Also check the climate class of your freezer to
see if it's suitable for use in an unheated space.

--
Andy

Dave Plowman (News) December 3rd 07 02:12 PM

Rough estimate of combined wattage

In article ,
diy-newby wrote:
Does anyone know how much electricity a typical small chest freezer and
tumble dryer uses (in watts) please?

No real point in talking about 'typical' if you want the things to work.

Every appliance of this type has a plate on it somewhere giving the power
consumption. So best to check yourself.

--
*Dance like nobody's watching.

Dave Plowman London SW