Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Distance between boiler and plastic pipe?

Hello,

I understand you should not run plastic pipe up to the boiler in case
it boils the water and melts the pipe. What is the recommended
distance before you can use plastic? I think you have to use 2m copper
first but I don't know whether I have read that figure somewhere or
just made it up!

I am hoping to change my gravity fed system to fully pumped. Using
plastic will be easier to thread under floorboards and through joists.

Do the same considerations apply at the cylinder end? We have
immersion heaters that use economy seven. Do I need to have a copper
run at that end in case the immersion heaters boil the water too?

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
Hello,

I understand you should not run plastic pipe up to the boiler in case
it boils the water and melts the pipe. What is the recommended
distance before you can use plastic? I think you have to use 2m copper
first but I don't know whether I have read that figure somewhere or
just made it up!

You need to consult the boiler installation instructions. With my
Worcester-Bosch, the distance specified was 600mm

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You need to consult the boiler installation instructions. With my
Worcester-Bosch, the distance specified was 600mm

David

A metre on mine

Nick