DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita drill repair (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/221448-makita-drill-repair.html)

[email protected] November 17th 07 06:30 PM

Makita drill repair

Hi all

My Makita sds is playing up it makes all the noise of the hammer
action but isn't actually punching much of a hole. either in drill or
stop mode . I stipped it down but can't see anything broken or
missplaced ? The only thing I can see is the O ring on the piston may
need replacing .

has anyone any experience of this ?

Many tthanks for any advise Pablo

John Rumm November 17th 07 07:51 PM

Makita drill repair

wrote:
Hi all

My Makita sds is playing up it makes all the noise of the hammer
action but isn't actually punching much of a hole. either in drill or
stop mode . I stipped it down but can't see anything broken or
missplaced ? The only thing I can see is the O ring on the piston may
need replacing .

has anyone any experience of this ?

Have you tried lubricating the shank of the bit before you insert it
into the chuck? If this interface gets too "sticky" it can impair or
prevent the hammer action.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

[email protected] November 17th 07 08:44 PM

Makita drill repair

You'll hate this but...on my bosch if you use it in hammer/rotation
stop, but the direction switch is set to reverse - it behaves exactly
as you describe.

Otherwise look for a poor connection inside the flex (especially where
it enters the drill) - it can be powered but not delivering enough
current clout.

[email protected] November 17th 07 08:45 PM

Makita drill repair

Thanks John

I tried several bits and a chisel . The parts are not to expensive so
I may well order a few bits grease it up and see how it goes.

Thanks Pablo

John Rumm November 17th 07 09:23 PM

Makita drill repair

wrote:

You'll hate this but...on my bosch if you use it in hammer/rotation
stop, but the direction switch is set to reverse - it behaves exactly
as you describe.

Yes, good point, same with the Makita 2450.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |