Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
For Q2 M8

Default REQ: Advice on replacing a CH and Hot Water programmer

Hi All,
I've just moved into a house that has a "Glow worm - economy plus"
boiler (in the kitchen), it also has a controller (in the kitchen -
see below for more details) and a temperature control (in the lounge).

I'd like to replace the controller, currently a Honeywell ST699
controller, unit was not marked with a model but I have looked at
several honeywell units and this seems the most likely.
http://www.grantandstone.co.uk/heati...rols/st699.htm

With this I can program 2 on / off times or manually control the
central heating and the hot water.
I'd like to be able to set:

CH - on at 7am off at 8:30 am on at 5pm off at 10 pm
Hot water - on at 7am off at 7:30am

If I switch the CH to TWICE and the hot water to ONCE, then the hot
water is on from ON1 (7am) until OFF2 (10pm)
not ON1 and OFF1 !

I don't like the way that the hot water and central heating can't be
controlled independantly. Surely if I can control the system manually
then I can replace the timer/controller and have the functionality I
require ?
Could you suggest a suitable alternative controller that will give
more flexiblilty ?
Can I use a Honeywell ST6400C controller instead ?

Many thanks