DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vinyl floor adhesive, removing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/219666-vinyl-floor-adhesive-removing.html)

[email protected] November 1st 07 11:01 PM

Vinyl floor adhesive, removing

We have a solid kitchen floor covered with asphalt. Upon removing old
lino I see there are adhesive strips that are incredibly sticky
virtually welded to the floor that were used to hold the lino
down.....

Any tips on removing them without hacking all the asphalt off?

I peeled the lino up and had to put it back down because the cats were
getting stuck on the glue strips :o)

R November 3rd 07 06:02 PM

Vinyl floor adhesive, removing

" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a solid kitchen floor covered with asphalt. Upon removing old
lino I see there are adhesive strips that are incredibly sticky
virtually welded to the floor that were used to hold the lino
down.....

Any tips on removing them without hacking all the asphalt off?

I peeled the lino up and had to put it back down because the cats were
getting stuck on the glue strips :o)

Hot air gun and scraper

Andy Burns[_2_] November 3rd 07 06:39 PM

Vinyl floor adhesive, removing

On 03/11/2007 18:02, R wrote:

" wrote

I peeled the lino up and had to put it back down because the cats were
getting stuck on the glue strips :o)

Hot air gun and scraper

Won't that burn their paws?