DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stud and metal detector that works (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/218585-stud-metal-detector-works.html)

asalcedo October 24th 07 09:25 AM

Stud and metal detector that works

I have tried three multi material (stud, metal and electric wiring) detectors. Each a bit more expensive than the previous one.

The latest one is the Zircon Pro SL, http://www.sealhardware.com/detail.asp?sku=4628012

None has proven very reliable.

Would anybody know if this Bosch one is good?

John Rumm October 24th 07 03:02 PM

asalcedo wrote:
I have tried three multi material (stud, metal and electric wiring)
detectors. Each a bit more expensive than the previous one.

The latest one is the Zircon Pro SL,
http://www.sealhardware.com/detail.asp?sku=4628012

None has proven very reliable.

Would anybody know if this Bosch one is good?

The Zircon are usually by far the best, but none are perfect. Much
depends what you are trying to scan through. Anything foil backed or
covered will usually prevent them working.

--
Cheers,

John.