DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tilt and Turn Windows (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/217790-tilt-turn-windows.html)

Cod Roe October 17th 07 07:08 PM

Tilt and Turn Windows

I'm looking to buy a 630x750mm tilt and turn window for my bathroom to
fit myself. So far I have looked at Dunster House, the price seems good
but does anybody have any experience of the quality? Also I'm not
overly keen on UPVC, so can anybody recommend a source of wooden ones
(any more links to UPVC suppliers would also be appreciated)? I may
also consider building one myself if I can get hold of the mechanism,
but again I can't find a supplier for them.

Any help much appreciated.

[email protected] October 17th 07 10:31 PM

Tilt and Turn Windows

If you live not to far from a channel port (or can send a lackey) and
can manage a little French, I recommend the Tradition-Chene range from
LaPeyre (www.lapeyre.fr).

I ordered several of these windows through the website, tilt & turn
(oscillo-battant) in solid oak (chene), nominated the Calais branch
for pick-up, they dropped me an email to say when they were ready (2
weeks lead time I think), and took me 15 minutes to complete business
and load up 11 windows from their store.

Very happy with quality, fit and finish. A quick look at their website
suggests you'd be looking at 250 euro for the size you require.

Cod Roe October 22nd 07 10:35 AM

Tilt and Turn Windows

wrote:

Very happy with quality, fit and finish. A quick look at their website
suggests you'd be looking at 250 euro for the size you require.

They look very good indeed, think I will pop over and get a car load.
Thanks for your reply. If the French can do it for those sort of prices
why can't we?

[email protected] October 22nd 07 10:52 AM

Tilt and Turn Windows

If the French can do it for those sort of prices why can't we?

I think the key difference is they're productised. A few standard
sizes, very few options.

Also the French market has little differentiation between trade and
diy outlets - capturing the mass market economies without price