DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LAMINATE FLOORING (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/216228-laminate-flooring.html)

JONNYBOY October 1st 07 10:22 PM

LAMINATE FLOORING

Hi All

Looks like I've made a bit of mistake. I've miscalculated the gap from
the end of the laminate flooring I'v elaid to the tiles in the
kitchen. A standard profile simply isn't wide enough. Can anyone
advise where I can get an xtra wide profile from. Thanks in advance
for your patience and experience.

PeterK[_2_] October 1st 07 10:42 PM

LAMINATE FLOORING

"JONNYBOY" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi All

Looks like I've made a bit of mistake. I've miscalculated the gap from
the end of the laminate flooring I'v elaid to the tiles in the
kitchen. A standard profile simply isn't wide enough. Can anyone
advise where I can get an xtra wide profile from. Thanks in advance
for your patience and experience.

Can you provide the width and length that needs filling/covering and the
depth from the tiles and laminate to the original floor. I presume it is
also a heavy traffic area.

PeterK

The Medway Handyman October 1st 07 10:43 PM

LAMINATE FLOORING

JONNYBOY wrote:
Hi All

Looks like I've made a bit of mistake. I've miscalculated the gap from
the end of the laminate flooring I'v elaid to the tiles in the
kitchen. A standard profile simply isn't wide enough. Can anyone
advise where I can get an xtra wide profile from. Thanks in advance
for your patience and experience.

Can you not cut a thin strip of laminate & click it into place to make up
the gap.

BTW - its best too start at the threshold & work away - if thats possible.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

JONNYBOY October 2nd 07 09:54 PM

LAMINATE FLOORING

On 1 Oct, 22:42, "PeterK" wrote:
"JONNYBOY" wrote in message

ps.com... Hi All

Looks like I've made a bit of mistake. I've miscalculated the gap from
the end of the laminate flooring I'v elaid to the tiles in the
kitchen. A standard profile simply isn't wide enough. Can anyone
advise where I can get an xtra wide profile from. Thanks in advance
for your patience and experience.

Can you provide the width and length that needs filling/covering and the
depth from the tiles and laminate to the original floor. I presume it is
also a heavy traffic area.

PeterK

75 cm long, max 5cm, tile 21mm deep, laminate 25mm deep

Heavy traffic yes

Thanks

Jon

JONNYBOY October 3rd 07 04:39 PM

LAMINATE FLOORING

On 1 Oct, 22:43, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
JONNYBOY wrote:
Hi All

Looks like I've made a bit of mistake. I've miscalculated the gap from
the end of the laminate flooring I'v elaid to the tiles in the
kitchen. A standard profile simply isn't wide enough. Can anyone
advise where I can get an xtra wide profile from. Thanks in advance
for your patience and experience.

Can you not cut a thin strip of laminate & click it into place to make up
the gap.

BTW - its best too start at the threshold & work away - if thats possible.

--
Dave
The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Thanks for the suggestion but I've had to cut across the planks to
finish at the door, and now theres nothing for any extra bits to click
onto.