DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&Q Door Lining Sets - Crap (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2162-b-q-door-lining-sets-crap.html)

john September 24th 03 01:34 AM

B&Q Door Lining Sets - Crap

I`ve heard their doors are crap quality - so to add to that just a word of
warning to anyone considering buying B&Q`s interior wood door lining kits -
DON'T! They are ****e - all warped and crap quality. Took them back (the
packing covers up how warped they were!) and told them so, went to Wickes
instead. They are 3 quid more (£12.99) as opposed to £9.99 at B&Q but far
better quality...

John

Peter Ashby September 24th 03 10:13 AM

B&Q Door Lining Sets - Crap

In article ,
"john" wrote:

I`ve heard their doors are crap quality - so to add to that just a word of
warning to anyone considering buying B&Q`s interior wood door lining kits -
DON'T! They are ****e - all warped and crap quality. Took them back (the
packing covers up how warped they were!) and told them so, went to Wickes
instead. They are 3 quid more (£12.99) as opposed to £9.99 at B&Q but far
better quality...

Strange as it may seem the takeover by the Focus people seems to have
done a lot of good to our local Wickes. They even had 6mm thick
stripwood in. I looked at some of it, it's close to quarter sawn and I
squinted at a few wider pieces and couldn't detect a hint of either warp
or cupping.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.