DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heat resistant filler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/215993-heat-resistant-filler.html)

cj September 29th 07 04:50 PM

Heat resistant filler

Hi,

I have recently installed a new light fitting but it is catching a lot
of spiders! They are getting in through the hole in the celing where
the mains cable (1.5mm twin and earth) come into the light fitting.

I want to fill this hole with filler (caulk or something similar) but
it needs to be heat resitant because the light fitting gets quite hot.

Any ideas? Will caulk be OK?

Chris

Bazza September 29th 07 06:29 PM

Heat resistant filler

Steve wrote:
cj wrote:
Hi,

I have recently installed a new light fitting but it is catching a lot
of spiders! They are getting in through the hole in the celing where
the mains cable (1.5mm twin and earth) come into the light fitting.

I want to fill this hole with filler (caulk or something similar) but
it needs to be heat resitant because the light fitting gets quite hot.

Any ideas? Will caulk be OK?

Chris

Polyfilla.

Steve

Use a decent silicon compound, the stronger the smell of vinegar (acetic
acid) the better the quality, this is heat resistant