DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sockets in a metal shed (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/215586-sockets-metal-shed.html)

coco[_2_] September 25th 07 02:13 PM

sockets in a metal shed

Hi All

I have a metal shed and want to intall a couple of sockets. Can I use
the regular plastic variety or do I need something special because the
walls are metal?

Kind regards
Colin

dennis@home September 25th 07 02:31 PM

sockets in a metal shed

"coco" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

I have a metal shed and want to intall a couple of sockets. Can I use
the regular plastic variety or do I need something special because the
walls are metal?

I would fit metal boxes and sockets as they are less likely to get broken.
Make sure you have an RCD as electricity is more dangerous around earthed
metal.