DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wooden door frame staining (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/214801-wooden-door-frame-staining.html)

john smile September 17th 07 08:27 PM

wooden door frame staining

How should I stain this door frame? Can I just sand it down to bare
wood and stain it with a Sadolin stain or do I need use a
preservative, stain and then varnish ?

http://i3.tinypic.com/4uerpl5.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/4p2z47c.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Pete C September 18th 07 11:22 AM

wooden door frame staining

On Sep 17, 8:27 pm, john smile wrote:
How should I stain this door frame? Can I just sand it down to bare
wood and stain it with a Sadolin stain or do I need use a
preservative, stain and then varnish ?

http://i3.tinypic.com/4uerpl5.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/4p2z47c.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Looks like it has been varnished/stained with something that doesn't
breathe and so stops any water that gets in from drying out.

I'd use a Sikkens product, spend some time looking at their website to
select which product is best then read *all* the directions *and*
technical info and /follow them to the letter/.

cheers,
Pete.