Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y

Default Stove/Oven replacement questions

My stove and oven seem to need replacement. I think that they can be
repaired, but they are getting on and the time between repairs is
getting shorter - time to consider splashing out!

I have quite a few questions and would love any opinions. I'll list
them:

- Are there any real lemons that I should avoid?

- I tried a convection oven a couple of decades ago and it was utterly
useless. I see that they are still flogging them, so maybe the
technology has improved. Is it worth bothering?

- I have a pretty standard (I think) 60cm x 60cm oven to replace. I'd
like the cheapest, but best ( of course ), and most reliable oven/
grill combination. I'd like to be able to make pizza's and have good
support for long, slow casseroling. Any makes or models stand out
particularly?

- I'll probably go for a standard four ring stove top. However, I like
the idea of induction hobs. I also like ceramic hobs. Has any
manufacturer been sensible enough to produce a hybrid with a couple of
conventional ceramic hob plates (for glass, aluminum etc.) and a
couple of induction plates for cast iron and so forth? If so, who has
done this?

- If I did decide to go for a full induction hob, what is the solution
to pressure cooking? Pretty well all the pressure cookers that I've
seen are made of aluminium. Are there any made from materials that
work in induction plates?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 9, 9:26 pm, Peter Brooks wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the French brand "SEB" make
stainless steel pressure cookers, as I have had one for a number of
years, There are others too, that can be found through Google.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
Peter Brooks wrote:

- If I did decide to go for a full induction hob, what is the solution
to pressure cooking? Pretty well all the pressure cookers that I've
seen are made of aluminium. Are there any made from materials that
work in induction plates?

My pressure cooker is stainless steel. I had no trouble finding a new
Presto stainless steel pc at Walmart when the time came to finally
replace our old one.

I won't cook in Aluminum.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:26:18 -0000, Peter Brooks
wrote:

My stove and oven seem to need replacement. I think that they can be
repaired, but they are getting on and the time between repairs is
getting shorter - time to consider splashing out!

I have quite a few questions and would love any opinions. I'll list
them:

- I have a pretty standard (I think) 60cm x 60cm oven to replace. I'd
like the cheapest, but best ( of course ), and most reliable oven/
grill combination. I'd like to be able to make pizza's and have good
support for long, slow casseroling. Any makes or models stand out
particularly?

I have found that combined oveb/grills are a pain. The grill element
gets dirty and produces a lot of smoke.

- I'll probably go for a standard four ring stove top. However, I like
the idea of induction hobs. I also like ceramic hobs. Has any
manufacturer been sensible enough to produce a hybrid with a couple of
conventional ceramic hob plates (for glass, aluminum etc.) and a
couple of induction plates for cast iron and so forth? If so, who has
done this?

I've no experience of induction hobs. I chose a gas hob because I
like the ability to control the heat and it still works when there's a
power cut.