Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing Air Pressure Switch

I have an Ariston EuroCombi boiler. Recently it has started to cut out and
will not restart. I believe the problem to be a faulty Air Pressure Switch
(APS). Taking it out and reseating the contacts has cured the fault several
times now.

Is replacing the APS a straightforward operation or do I need to calibrate
it etc?

Thanks for any help,

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter F
writes
I have an Ariston EuroCombi boiler. Recently it has started to cut out and
will not restart. I believe the problem to be a faulty Air Pressure Switch
(APS). Taking it out and reseating the contacts has cured the fault several
times now.

Are you saying that you have poor connections on the 1/4" spade
connectors

best to actually test it rather than replace it for the sake of doing
so, I've explained how to do this in numerous posts in the past

Is replacing the APS a straightforward operation

Plug and play ... so to speak

or do I need to calibrate
it etc?

No, keep your grubby paws away from the calibrating screw, it will be
set (one hopes) correctly for your boiler

Thanks for any help,

Peter

--
geoff

Replacing a light switch Brian Home Repair 13 January 15th 07 07:10 PM
Pressure switch Bob Home Repair 1 December 10th 06 04:13 AM
replacing pressure tank [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 18th 06 03:36 PM
Replacing water pressure regulator Doug Kanter Home Repair 2 March 18th 05 12:13 AM
Replacing toggle switch with programmable switch for flourescentlight O.B. Home Ownership 0 September 25th 04 03:05 AM