Old September 2nd 07, 07:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TomTom ONE tamper proof screws

I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).
Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 2nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).
Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

screwfix do a cheap set of many anti tamper bits (also available from
RS, cpc etc.) If it's hex with a pin that should do it.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com
Old September 2nd 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).

I'm intrigued, why?

Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

Are you sure that it's not a star?

tim

Old September 2nd 07, 10:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim....." wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).

I'm intrigued, why?

To repair it. It charges intermittently. Giving it a thump restores
charging,
the green LED on the top remains lit regardless so its definitely internal.
A dry-joint, or lose earthling screw maybe, I am sure I will find it when I
get inside the case.

Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

Are you sure that it's not a star?

No, its like an alan key type head with a central spigot. Not a Torx etc.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 2nd 07, 11:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Graham." writes:

"tim....." wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).

I'm intrigued, why?

To repair it. It charges intermittently. Giving it a thump restores
charging,
the green LED on the top remains lit regardless so its definitely internal.
A dry-joint, or lose earthling screw maybe, I am sure I will find it when I
get inside the case.

Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

Are you sure that it's not a star?

No, its like an alan key type head with a central spigot. Not a Torx etc.

With the torx ones, inserting an appropriate sized small screwdriver
and giving it a quarter turn pings off the pin, and allows a standard
torx tool to be used. Might work with alan key heads too. Close your
eyes as you twist the screwdriver so the pin doesn't fly into your eye.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Old September 2nd 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
"Graham." writes:

"tim....." wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Andrew, the real thing is here http://tinyurl.com/29n6lh perhaps
I can find one or two other items I could use to justify the postage.
Any one know where I could get something over the counter?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 2nd 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 22:33:14 +0100, "Graham." wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
"Graham." writes:

"tim....." wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Ages ago I got a very similar set from Machine Mart. I'm pretty
certain they still sell them.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Old September 2nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Thanks Andrew, the real thing is here http://tinyurl.com/29n6lh perhaps
I can find one or two other items I could use to justify the postage.
Any one know where I could get something over the counter?

Got a Screwfix counter nearby?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=18983&ts=69503

--
Adrian C
Old September 3rd 07, 01:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

Thanks Andrew, the real thing is here http://tinyurl.com/29n6lh perhaps
I can find one or two other items I could use to justify the postage.
Any one know where I could get something over the counter?

Got a Screwfix counter nearby?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=18983&ts=69503

Thanks Adrian, Ill try to pop into Trafford Park tomorrow.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 3rd 07, 05:55 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
"Adrian C" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

Thanks Andrew, the real thing is here http://tinyurl.com/29n6lh perhaps
I can find one or two other items I could use to justify the postage.
Any one know where I could get something over the counter?

Got a Screwfix counter nearby?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=18983&ts=69503

Thanks Adrian, Ill try to pop into Trafford Park tomorrow.

Only thing to check is they have one small enough in the set (not so
much of a problem with hex, but certainly can be with torx).

--
Cheers,

John.