DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Reusing gripper rods (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/211870-reusing-gripper-rods.html)

[email protected] August 22nd 07 11:48 AM

Reusing gripper rods

The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it
was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

Edward

Broadback August 22nd 07 12:08 PM

Reusing gripper rods

Stuart Noble wrote:
wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it
was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

yes he is

If you do insist on taking them up re-cycle them, put them on top of
your fences, keep the blasted cats, and hopefully, the yobs out!

Dave Plowman (News) August 22nd 07 02:15 PM

Reusing gripper rods

In article .com,
wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it
was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

Assuming they were correctly fitted in the first place and still securely
fixed there's nothing to wear out on them.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

John Rumm August 22nd 07 02:25 PM

Reusing gripper rods

wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it
was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

yup.

They don't cease to be pointy...

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

[email protected] August 22nd 07 06:28 PM

Reusing gripper rods

On Aug 22, 11:48 am, wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said it
was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

Well, that's me told. Thanks.

Edward

The Medway Handyman August 22nd 07 10:37 PM

Reusing gripper rods

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said
it was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

yup.

They don't cease to be pointy...

Horrid pointy sharp nasty things.............

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

John Rumm August 22nd 07 11:27 PM

Reusing gripper rods

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
wrote:
The man from the carpet warehouse came yesterday to measure up. At
the end he said "Don't take up the gripper rods - they can be re-
used". I told him that in the two previous houses where we'd
recarpeted we'd been told to take up the old gripper rods. He said
it was a waste of money - they can perfectly well be reused.

I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar (not that the
rods would cost anything like a ha'porth) but is he right?

yup.

They don't cease to be pointy...

Horrid pointy sharp nasty things.............

Indeed... nasty - especially when a little rusty!

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |