DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Accenta Alarm (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/211096-accenta-alarm.html)

David White August 16th 07 07:29 PM

Accenta Alarm

The Accenta alarm at my daughter's house is not working, although it
was a couple of days ago. Whilst the key pad is lit up, the power
light and zone indicators are all off and she cannot set the alarm.
Any ideas? Is there a fuse somewhere?

David

Ed Sirett August 16th 07 07:52 PM

Accenta Alarm

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:29:43 -0700, David White wrote:

The Accenta alarm at my daughter's house is not working, although it
was a couple of days ago. Whilst the key pad is lit up, the power
light and zone indicators are all off and she cannot set the alarm.
Any ideas? Is there a fuse somewhere?

David

There are several fuses. The first approach is to find out where the
mains power has gone to.

Lurch August 16th 07 07:54 PM

Accenta Alarm

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:29:43 -0700, David White
mused:

The Accenta alarm at my daughter's house is not working, although it
was a couple of days ago. Whilst the key pad is lit up, the power
light and zone indicators are all off and she cannot set the alarm.
Any ideas? Is there a fuse somewhere?

It sounds knackered, as most Accentas are by now.

It may spring back to life if you remove the power to it, replace the
battery with a new one and then repower it. You may also need to
reprogram it. This will happen from time to time if the battery isn't
in good condition.

If you value the security it provides though, I'd bin it and fit
something that works.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

cj August 17th 07 09:48 PM

Accenta Alarm

hi Press Reset.
The accenta early versions sometimes locked like this after an alarm
..failing this power down and reset.
Depending on model and age it could be any of numerous factory reset options
but if you remove the mains and battery ,wait 10 secs replace battery the
panel should go into alarm if no response (battery flat or u/s).
Apply mains ,if panel alarms enter user code.it should reset showing tamper.
If user code does not work try default 0123.
If this works panel has gone back to factory defaults.

Failing all this scrap the panel as it will cost as much to have it rebooted
or repaired.

HTH

CJ