Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default spring loaded bath plug seal

Hi,

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or
down if you want to seal the plug hole. It has a silver metal top, and
has a large rubber washer that fits under the "lid" which makes the
water seal. Trouble is the rubber has perished and local plumbers
shops seem perplexed offering such gems as "You'll need a completely
new waste unit". Well as the bath is completely boxed in, thats no
use at all.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging or receipt from 8
years ago. The shop I got them from were no use (quote above).

On the plastic moulding is the word WIROUIN but returns almost zero
hits on google

Anyone heard of WIROUIN or any experience of these things ?

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gel Gel is offline

I have same and periodically just dab some silicone seealant in the
gap that
has appeared where rubber seal has opened up at join, as it were.

Works fine, but you'll need to redo from time to time.

On Aug 14, 1:29 pm, jives11 wrote:
Hi,

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or
down if you want to seal the plug hole. It has a silver metal top, and
has a large rubber washer that fits under the "lid" which makes the
water seal. Trouble is the rubber has perished and local plumbers
shops seem perplexed offering such gems as "You'll need a completely
new waste unit". Well as the bath is completely boxed in, thats no
use at all.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging or receipt from 8
years ago. The shop I got them from were no use (quote above).

On the plastic moulding is the word WIROUIN but returns almost zero
hits on google

Anyone heard of WIROUIN or any experience of these things ?

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jives11" wrote

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or
down if you want to seal the plug hole.

snip...........

I recently bought a similar two of these for a cloakroom basin.
The first one was from Bathstore.com in Hull - took it back as it was
unsuitable.
The second one I have fitted.
No idea if it's the same make as yours - don't remember seeing WIROUIN or
whatever anywhere around.
Anyway, this one came from Halmshaws in Hull. It is dismantleable IIRC.
You could try calling them - Halmshaws in particular are usually helpful

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug, 15:44, Gel wrote:
[...]

Thanks, however there is very little washer left. Totally perished .
thing is we have so many showers the bath gets little use. hence the
washer getting to such an advanced state of disintegration.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jives11 wrote:
Hi,

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or
down if you want to seal the plug hole. It has a silver metal top, and
has a large rubber washer that fits under the "lid" which makes the
water seal. Trouble is the rubber has perished and local plumbers
shops seem perplexed offering such gems as "You'll need a completely
new waste unit". Well as the bath is completely boxed in, thats no
use at all.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging or receipt from 8
years ago. The shop I got them from were no use (quote above).

On the plastic moulding is the word WIROUIN but returns almost zero
hits on google

Anyone heard of WIROUIN or any experience of these things ?

Are you sure the tail of the Q hasn't worn off: i.e. WirQuin?

Cheers,

William.

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:44:12 -0700, jives11
wrote:

On 14 Aug, 15:44, Gel wrote:
[...]

In that case might be best to get a removable one on a chain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug, 20:54, William McNicol wrote:
jives11 wrote:
[...]

Yep - you are right :
http://www.wirquin.com/sitegb/catalo...ignoiregb.html

It's the Automatic Wastes w/o cable, Quick-Clac

Thanks again

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 14 Aug, 15:44, Gel wrote:
[...]