DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   stair carpet runner help needed!! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/210520-stair-carpet-runner-help-needed.html)

steve573 August 11th 07 07:34 PM

stair carpet runner help needed!!

Hi All,

My wife has purchased a nice length of stair carpet runner and
presented it to me to fit on our stairs. Would be no problem if the
stairs were straight but there is a 90 degree left hand bend in them
at the top.
i have fitted the carpet up the straight run of stairs with no
problems and now have reached the big step with the 45 degree angle in
it. I have offered the carpet up to it many times trying to work out
how to do this and the only way it seems possible is to cut the carpet
at 45 degrees at the edge of the 45 degree step and stitch it or
something to the next straight bit which will go straight up the last
remaining step to the upstairs landing. Only thing is this will leave
the carpet joined right on the leading edge of the corner step and any
mistakes or bad stitching I do would probably be seen. I can't see any
other way of doing it hence posting to this site to see if I am
missing something??
Any help gratefully received.
Steve.