DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/210149-dryer-vent-hose-does-have-go-straight-out-rear.html)

nafuk August 8th 07 12:24 PM

Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear?

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?
Cheers

David Hansen August 8th 07 12:48 PM

Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 04:24:54 -0700 someone who may be nafuk
wrote this:-

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

nafuk August 8th 07 02:47 PM

wrote this:-

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Sorry about that. When I looked at the original post it did not
contain any text and I assumed a mistake had occured, so I posted the
question again. Why did you assume that I am stupid and ignorant about
bulletin boards etc?

David Hansen August 8th 07 03:12 PM

Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 06:47:54 -0700 someone who may be nafuk
wrote this:-

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

Sorry about that. When I looked at the original post it did not
contain any text and I assumed a mistake had occured, so I posted the
question again.

It had some text in it when I looked at it.

Why did you assume that I am stupid and ignorant about bulletin boards etc?

You are assuming that I made an assumption that you are stupid. I
did not, but welcome to my list of people who think they are mind
readers.

As this is not a bulletin board I am unlikely to have made any
assumption about your ignorance or total knowledge of them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Bob Eager August 10th 07 11:11 AM

Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear?

wrote this:-

[...]

Let's see...

1) Your failure to understand the status of the original post.
2) Your use of the term 'bulletin boards'.

That's enough.

http://www.diybanter.com