Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baumatic oven suspect fault

Just moved into a new place and inherited a Baumatic built-in electric
fan oven that has up until now worked ok.Tonite during heating up a
casserole,my consumer unit tripped.After re-setting and turning the
power back on we found that the oven would now not get warm.There is
power getting to it as the fans work as does the grill element. Anyone
got any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Borosteve

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"borosteve" wrote:
Just moved into a new place and inherited a Baumatic built-in electric
fan oven that has up until now worked ok.Tonite during heating up a
casserole,my consumer unit tripped.After re-setting and turning the
power back on we found that the oven would now not get warm.There is
power getting to it as the fans work as does the grill element. Anyone
got any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Borosteve

When that happened to my Creda fan oven it was due to failure of the oven
element. Do you have the diy skills to safely test the oven element and
replace it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DIY wrote:
"borosteve" wrote:
Just moved into a new place and inherited a Baumatic built-in electric
fan oven that has up until now worked ok.Tonite during heating up a
casserole,my consumer unit tripped.After re-setting and turning the
power back on we found that the oven would now not get warm.There is
power getting to it as the fans work as does the grill element. Anyone
got any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Borosteve

When that happened to my Creda fan oven it was due to failure of the oven
element. Do you have the diy skills to safely test the oven element and
replace it?

sounds like your element's died. It should be fairly easy to replace
after turning the oven off at the mains,obviously,
just undo the back grill covering the element (you may need special
screwdriver bits to do this star or hex)and unscrew the ring element
round the grill which should then pull forwards so you can disconnect
it. then replace with the correct new element.

I find

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...viewforum&f=36

the cooking and appliances forum very helpful.

and

http://www.elementman.co.uk/

useful suppliers.

I've changed my element a couple of times over the years with no problem.

dedics
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...ile=viewforum&...

the cooking and appliances forum very helpful.

and

http://www.elementman.co.uk/

useful suppliers.

I've changed my element a couple of times over the years with no problem.

dedics- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for that,excellent info.
Regards,
Borosteve.