Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pedant's banana skin law

What's the name of the law that states more or less that anyone
correcting someone else's entry in a thread will themselves make an
error in their post

Buggered if my Google fu is up to it tonight

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

What's the name of the law that states more or less that anyone correcting
someone else's entry in a thread will themselves make an error in their
post

Buggered if my Google fu is up to it tonight

I didn't know, but my Google seems to be unaffected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skitt's_law

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham
writes

"raden" wrote in message

What's the name of the law that states more or less that anyone correcting
someone else's entry in a thread will themselves make an error in their
post

Buggered if my Google fu is up to it tonight

I didn't know, but my Google seems to be unaffected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skitt's_law

That's the budger

thanks

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 25, 11:45 pm, raden wrote:
In message , Graham
writes

"raden" wrote in message

What's the name of the law that states more or less that anyone correcting
someone else's entry in a thread will themselves make an error in their
post

Buggered if my Google fu is up to it tonight

I didn't know, but my Google seems to be unaffected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skitt's_law

That's the budger

There was a programme about geniuses and brain scans on the box the
other day, with a research doctor using a magnet to induce or reduce
this sort of thing.

How would I make such a magnet? It looked like a twin circular affair
set side by side in a container not much larger than a can of ham.

It was probably electromagnetic or made with that modern alloy so I
don't think that a couple of old HiFi speaker magnets will do the
trick, would they?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Jul, 05:36, Weatherlawyer wrote:

There was a programme about geniuses and brain scans on the box the
other day, with a research doctor using a magnet to induce or reduce
this sort of thing.

How would I make such a magnet? It looked like a twin circular affair
set side by side in a container not much larger than a can of ham.

It was probably electromagnetic or made with that modern alloy so I
don't think that a couple of old HiFi speaker magnets will do the
trick, would they?

The field was so strong it made him twitch, so it must have been
pulsed very high current electromagnetic. Or high At to be a bit more
precise.

Question is, what happens if you overdo it?

Also I would not want to use such kit alone, affecting brain function
like that I would expect to be by no means risk free. But, not being a
brain sturgeon, I dont really know (I cod be wrong).

Nothing from googling 'my briliant brain'?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Jul 25, 11:45 pm, raden wrote:
In message , Graham
writes

"raden" wrote in message
What's the name of the law that states more or less that anyone correcting
someone else's entry in a thread will themselves make an error in their
post
Buggered if my Google fu is up to it tonight
I didn't know, but my Google seems to be unaffected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skitt's_law

That's the budger

There was a programme about geniuses and brain scans on the box the
other day, with a research doctor using a magnet to induce or reduce
this sort of thing.

How would I make such a magnet? It looked like a twin circular affair
set side by side in a container not much larger than a can of ham.

It was probably electromagnetic or made with that modern alloy so I
don't think that a couple of old HiFi speaker magnets will do the
trick, would they?

Perhaps they could be incorporated into a baseball cap
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

It was probably electromagnetic or made with that modern alloy so I
don't think that a couple of old HiFi speaker magnets will do the
trick, would they?

Perhaps they could be incorporated into a baseball cap

Put them where they could do the most good you mean? Nice one!

How about lead weighted ones in those anoraks for hoodies? So that if
the magnets don't work the thump on the back of the head might.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:36:21 -0700, Weatherlawyer wrote:

How would I make such a magnet? It looked like a twin circular affair
set side by side in a container not much larger than a can of ham.

Reminds me of that nice Mr Borat wanting a certain type of magnet fitted
to his car :-)

--
John Stumbles

Ohnosecond
Instant in time when you realise that you've just made a BIG mistake.
%

BANANA J T Woodworking 0 February 27th 07 11:25 PM
Builders banana wall - OK or not? RzB UK diy 29 July 24th 06 02:28 PM
Where to purchase 3mm banana plugs in UK woodglass Electronics Repair 6 July 21st 06 04:23 PM
Banana Jack alpha_uma Electronics Repair 1 June 18th 05 09:43 PM
Laser Pointers on the Skin TCS Electronics Repair 27 February 18th 05 04:49 AM