Posted to uk.d-i-y
AA AA is offline

Default Sticky pads are unsticking. Help!

I have a Mira Flight Shower tray on risers. Plastic panels cover the
gap under the tray. The panels are secured with clips on the legs - a
clip slides into a "locator" which is in turn stuck with a sticky pad
to the panel. Problem is they must have been stuck while dusty/wet/
greasy so won't remain stuck (it is a new build but the builder just
bodges any minor snags so I'm not letting him near this).

I have stripped off the old sticky pads, cleaned the whole area
finishing off with alcohol pads and used "no more nails" sticky pads
(stongest version I could find). Must have been a poor choice as they
lost grip after a few days. Then I tried a super glue (the gel type)
- no luck. I have some no more nails grab stuff (Ultra) but have lost
faith in the brand so maybe it will be a waste of time.

What else can I try? It can't be that hard! Its not like there is a
huge amount of force pushing the panels off.

AA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 16, 1:19 pm, AA wrote:
I have a Mira Flight Shower tray on risers. Plastic panels cover the
gap under the tray. The panels are secured with clips on the legs - a
clip slides into a "locator" which is in turn stuck with a sticky pad
to the panel. Problem is they must have been stuck while dusty/wet/
greasy so won't remain stuck (it is a new build but the builder just
bodges any minor snags so I'm not letting him near this).

Hi,

Try 'servo tape' from a model shop/Ebay.

cheers,
Pete.
I have stripped off the old sticky pads, cleaned the whole area
finishing off with alcohol pads and used "no more nails" sticky pads
(stongest version I could find). Must have been a poor choice as they
lost grip after a few days. Then I tried a super glue (the gel type)
- no luck. I have some no more nails grab stuff (Ultra) but have lost
faith in the brand so maybe it will be a waste of time.

What else can I try? It can't be that hard! Its not like there is a
huge amount of force pushing the panels off.

AA

Unsticking Two Electrical Conduits? W. Watson Electronics Repair 6 February 21st 07 09:11 PM
Who was looking for cupboards sticky pads? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 1 October 4th 06 09:59 AM
double sided sticky pads wig UK diy 30 June 4th 05 02:45 PM
double sided sticky pads wig UK diy 7 June 2nd 05 11:37 AM
Unsticking a diesel pump B.B. Metalworking 3 November 22nd 04 12:30 AM