Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner filter

There was a posting recently about an alternative filter for the
Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner. I've gone out and bought one for my Earlex
but, although the cleaner seems to have a lot more suck than it did with
the original brown paper bag, there's an awful lot of fine dust coming
out of the exhaust.

The filter seems to be fully on its housing so is this normal? Do I need
to wait until the filter's finer pores are bunged up? Or is it faulty?

TIA

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

There was a posting recently about an alternative filter for the
Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner. I've gone out and bought one for my Earlex
but, although the cleaner seems to have a lot more suck than it did with
the original brown paper bag, there's an awful lot of fine dust coming out
of the exhaust.

The filter seems to be fully on its housing so is this normal? Do I need
to wait until the filter's finer pores are bunged up? Or is it faulty?

It might be that operating it with a "leaky" filter has left a lot of dust
on the wrong side? I had to strip mine and clean it after replacing the
foam filter with a corrugated paper one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 14, 12:21 am, F wrote:
There was a posting recently about an alternative filter for the
Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner. I've gone out and bought one for my Earlex
but, although the cleaner seems to have a lot more suck than it did with
the original brown paper bag, there's an awful lot of fine dust coming
out of the exhaust.

The filter seems to be fully on its housing so is this normal? Do I need
to wait until the filter's finer pores are bunged up? Or is it faulty?

Hi,

Can the wet/dry filter fit over the paper one?

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 14/07/2007 13:48 Pete C wrote:

Can the wet/dry filter fit over the paper one?

Can't see that it will as it's a fairly tight fit.

I think it may be dust left from the previous filter as suggested
earlier. We'll see...

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 15, 5:29 pm, F wrote:
On 14/07/2007 13:48 Pete C wrote:

Can the wet/dry filter fit over the paper one?

Can't see that it will as it's a fairly tight fit.

I think it may be dust left from the previous filter as suggested
earlier. We'll see...

Hi,

If it's still a problem try wetting the filter before use.

cheers,
Pete.