DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita 5604R Circular Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/205793-makita-5604r-circular-saw.html)

The Medway Handyman July 7th 07 08:48 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund, ordered
the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up spending an extra
£35. What a difference!

I wanted a 165mm saw to save space on the van & to keep the weight down in
use. I don't cut anything thicker than 50nn so the 54mm depth of cut is
fine,

First used in anger today, what a superb machine, only 950w but like the
other Makita stuff I have it punches well above its weight.

Absolute joy to use, well balanced, rip fence & bevel adjustments very
positive. Nice feature is a 'V' shaped notch for 0 & 90 degree cuts, but
this has a flat at the base the same width as the blade kerf, so you can cut
either side of a line.

Riving knife can be removed in seconds for plunge cuts.

I'd highly recommend it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 08:52 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up spending
an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Grimly Curmudgeon July 7th 07 09:03 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up spending
an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Not in the same league at all. I have an old Makita circ saw - must be
knocking on for 20 years - and it's as good as the day it was made. I
don't see the Parkside one still going strong and being used day-in,
day-out in 20 years time.

--

Dave

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 09:05 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up
spending
an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Not in the same league at all. I have an old Makita circ saw - must be
knocking on for 20 years - and it's as good as the day it was made. I
don't see the Parkside one still going strong and being used day-in,
day-out in 20 years time.

The Parkside is a very good saw indeed.

Andy Hall July 7th 07 09:11 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

On 2007-07-07 20:52:19 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up
spending an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Who is Parkside? I can't seem to find their web site anywhere...

:Jerry: July 7th 07 09:30 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
snip

I wanted a 165mm saw to save space on the van & to keep the weight
down in use. I don't cut anything thicker than 50nn so the 54mm
depth of cut is fine,

More than enough I would say, don't know why you just don't use a
small craft knife though, lets face it *50nn* isn't exactly very
thick! :~)

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 10:18 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

On 2007-07-07 20:52:19 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up
spending an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Who is Parkside?

They are not Makita. That is all you need to know.

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 10:18 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

Dave Plowman (News) July 7th 07 10:40 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up
spending an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Yet another showroom judgement?

If you actually owned all the tools you recommended you'd never get to the
sink in your living room.

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News) July 7th 07 10:43 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

In article ,
On 2007-07-07 21:05:19 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

[snip]

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Not in the same league at all. I have an old Makita circ saw - must be
knocking on for 20 years - and it's as good as the day it was made. I
don't see the Parkside one still going strong and being used day-in,
day-out in 20 years time.

The Parkside is a very good saw indeed.

Do you have one?

Don't ask silly questions. ;-)

Dribble couldn't possibly own all the tools he 'recommends'. Otherwise he
wouldn't have used that hacksaw.

--
*Modulation in all things *

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 11:16 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund,
ordered the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up
spending an extra £35. What a difference!

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Yet

Please eff off as you are an idiot troll.

Doctor Drivel July 7th 07 11:17 PM

Makita 5604R Circular Saw

On 2007-07-07 21:05:19 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

[snip]

The Parkside from Lidl is v good too and costs... #25

Not in the same league at all. I have an old Makita circ saw - must be
knocking on for 20 years - and it's as good as the day it was made. I
don't see the Parkside one still going strong and being used day-in,
day-out in 20 years time.

The Parkside is a very good saw indeed.

Do you have one?

Don't ask silly questions. ;-)