DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where to get CH pipe ducting for concrete floor? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2049-re-where-get-ch-pipe-ducting-concrete-floor.html)

Andy Hall September 18th 03 08:58 PM

where to get CH pipe ducting for concrete floor?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:23:40 +0000 (UTC), (Niel
A. Farrow) wrote:

I will be pouring a new concrete floor in the front room. The rad pipes
were previously buried in the sand under the floor tiles. I'm trying to
find some of that ducting/channel to put the pipes in (where you make a
plywood cover).

I've tried Travis Perkins, Grahams Plumbing, builders merchants etc. TP
suggested I try an electrical wholesalers!

If I did just dream this stuff up what alternatives do I have?

I plan to put laminate flooring down.

Thank you,

Neil

If you use plastic, there is a corrugated plastic ducting made by John
Guest (i.e. JG Speedfit) which can be buried in the concrete and the
pipe run through. You need one duct per pipe....

http://www.johnguest.com/linkpages/SPFINSTADV.html

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

OldScrawn September 18th 03 09:35 PM

where to get CH pipe ducting for concrete floor?

same sort of stuff from

www.bes.ltd

13531, 25 metres 15 mm £15
13533, 25 metres 22mm £22

(no connection, just a happy customer though less happy since they started
charging for delivery)

Andrew Gabriel September 18th 03 11:25 PM

where to get CH pipe ducting for concrete floor?

In article ,
(Niel A. Farrow) writes:
I will be pouring a new concrete floor in the front room. The rad pipes
were previously buried in the sand under the floor tiles. I'm trying to
find some of that ducting/channel to put the pipes in (where you make a
plywood cover).

I've tried Travis Perkins, Grahams Plumbing, builders merchants etc. TP
suggested I try an electrical wholesalers!

If I did just dream this stuff up what alternatives do I have?

I plan to put laminate flooring down.

It certainly exists -- it's used all over the ground floor of my
house. Also useful for feeding Cat 5, aerial, and speaker cables
(wouldn't want to put mains cables in with the heating pipes).

Don't make the mistake they did in my house though... In the living
room, it effectively splits the floor into 3 areas, and unfortunately,
they didn't fill the 3 areas up to exactly the same level with screed,
so you can notice when you walk over it as the floor level changes
slightly. To be honest though, I never noticed this until after I
had pulled up the old carpet and found the trunking, so I guess it
isn't that bad really.

--
Andrew Gabriel