Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas consumption calculations

How would i go about calculating how much it would cost to heat an average
showers' worth of water using a typical calor gas sized bottle. I will be
using a 15kw gas water heater and a 3 bar pump.

cheers

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R.P.McMurphy explained :
How would i go about calculating how much it would cost to heat an average
showers' worth of water using a typical calor gas sized bottle. I will be
using a 15kw gas water heater and a 3 bar pump.

A long time ago, when I last compared bottled gas to electricity they
cost about the same. I can't be certain, but I think I compared the
10Kg sized Calor bottle - the larger the bottle, the cheaper the
contents.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 21, 7:23 pm, "R.P.McMurphy"
wrote:
How would i go about calculating how much it would cost to heat an average
showers' worth of water using a typical calor gas sized bottle. I will be
using a 15kw gas water heater and a 3 bar pump.

cheers

Steve

Stand gas bottle on bathroom scales. Record weight. Have average
shower (or 6) record weight.
Calculate weight of gas used per shower, weight of gas in bottle,
showers per bottle, cost per shower, etc..