DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gold Coloured Shower question (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2025-gold-coloured-shower-question.html)

Reteplav September 18th 03 12:45 AM

Gold Coloured Shower question

Can anyone recommend a gold coloured shower unit ( gravity fed NOT electric)
that has a quality gold finish and is reliable ( and a fair price?..)

I fitted gold bath taps a couple of years ago and they didn`t retain their
"gold" finish ( despite not using any abrasive cleaner) so I don`t want to make
the same mistake again!

If I can`t get a gold coloured one for a reasonable price , then which brands
are considered good quality?
( I`m replacing an Aqualisa shower unit)

All suggestions welcomed

Andy Hall September 18th 03 01:05 AM

On 17 Sep 2003 23:45:31 GMT, leted (Reteplav) wrote:

Can anyone recommend a gold coloured shower unit ( gravity fed NOT electric)
that has a quality gold finish and is reliable ( and a fair price?..)

I fitted gold bath taps a couple of years ago and they didn`t retain their
"gold" finish ( despite not using any abrasive cleaner) so I don`t want to make
the same mistake again!

If I can`t get a gold coloured one for a reasonable price , then which brands
are considered good quality?
( I`m replacing an Aqualisa shower unit)

All suggestions welcomed

Caradon Mira, Grohe, HansGrohe, are good makes.

If you are not using it with a pump then do make sure that you choose
a unit intended for low pressure supplies - some of the products from
elsewhere in Europe are designed to run on mains pressure systems, but
would be OK with a pump.

If you search via Google, be a little careful about the keywords that
you use. "gold" or "golden" and "shower" will give results that you
probably don't want in this context.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl