DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glass and glue (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/201447-glass-glue.html)

D.M. Procida May 22nd 07 10:59 PM

Glass and glue

What sort of glue will fix something to flat glass?

The glass will be flat, and the adhesive needs to resist shear. What are
my options for the other material?

Finally, I'd like an adhesive that can eventually be dissolved if it
turns out to be necessary (I hope not, but I don't wnat to end up
breaking glass to get it off).

Daniele

Andy Burns May 22nd 07 11:06 PM

Glass and glue

On 22/05/2007 22:59, D.M. Procida wrote:

What sort of glue will fix something to flat glass?

UV cured glass adhesive?

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=gl... sitesearch=uk

Mat C May 23rd 07 12:47 PM

Glass and glue

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
What sort of glue will fix something to flat glass?

The glass will be flat, and the adhesive needs to resist shear. What are
my options for the other material?

Finally, I'd like an adhesive that can eventually be dissolved if it
turns out to be necessary (I hope not, but I don't wnat to end up
breaking glass to get it off).

Daniele

How about the stuff for fixing rear view mirrors to the windscreen in cars?
Available from Halfords last time I looked...

Mat

The Natural Philosopher May 23rd 07 01:52 PM

Glass and glue

D.M. Procida wrote:
What sort of glue will fix something to flat glass?

The glass will be flat, and the adhesive needs to resist shear. What are
my options for the other material?

Finally, I'd like an adhesive that can eventually be dissolved if it
turns out to be necessary (I hope not, but I don't wnat to end up
breaking glass to get it off).

Daniele

silicone aint bad.

Superglue seems to stick as well. acetone dissolves that eventually.

as Does CAR BODY FILLER.

in fact most setting type adhesives work quite well on glass.