DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   10 mm service value (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/201286-10-mm-service-value.html)

[email protected] May 21st 07 12:14 PM

10 mm service value

Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need
to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

Only I cant find anywhere that sells them !!!

Any suggestions

Many Thanks
Simon

Lurch May 21st 07 12:23 PM

10 mm service value

On 21 May 2007 04:14:40 -0700, "
mused:

Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need
to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

Only I cant find anywhere that sells them !!!

Any suggestions

Not sure why you'd want service valves on all the rads?

Use 15mm ones and reducers if you are intent on doing this.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Andrew Gabriel May 21st 07 12:32 PM

10 mm service value

In article . com,
" writes:

Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need
to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

What valves do you currently have on each pipe?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Jim Alexander May 21st 07 12:40 PM

10 mm service value

wrote in message
ups.com...

Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need
to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

Only I cant find anywhere that sells them !!!

Any suggestions

well you're going to have to drain down to fit the service valves. Might as
well just drain down and paint your wall.

Alternatively while you have drained down change the tails to Hep then next
time its easy to move the rad valve aside and stick on a temporary
lockshield valve.

Jim A

Lobster May 21st 07 02:51 PM

10 mm service value

wrote:
Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need
to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

Only I cant find anywhere that sells them !!!

Well for a start you need to search for "valves" rather than "values" or
"vales"... ;-)

Why, though? If you turn off the control and lockshield valves
completely, you can just undo and remove the radiator for painting
(subject to draining tha radiator of course).

Screwfix stock (or at least did) a replacement radiator tail
incorporating a service valve - very neat and allegedly let you undo a
radiator and remove it while still full of water. I bought a set once as
a try-out, and they leaked! and I had to drain down again to replace the
originals. So never again!

David