DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DIY Oil Boiler Installation (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/201189-diy-oil-boiler-installation.html)

Andrew Mawson May 20th 07 09:50 AM

DIY Oil Boiler Installation

What are the drawbacks of installing DIY an oil boiler regarding rules
and regulations? Is there an oil equivelent of the CORGI set up. (I am
getting ever closer to managing to buy a property where there is no
gas and the existing oil boiler is ancient and it's flue certainly not
long for this life.

AWEM

Tony Williams May 20th 07 10:32 AM

DIY Oil Boiler Installation

http://www.oftec.co.uk

--
Tony Williams.

Peter Crosland May 20th 07 11:44 AM

Andrew Mawson wrote:
What are the drawbacks of installing DIY an oil boiler regarding rules
and regulations? Is there an oil equivelent of the CORGI set up. (I am
getting ever closer to managing to buy a property where there is no
gas and the existing oil boiler is ancient and it's flue certainly not
long for this life.

I did this recently and got an OFTEC qualified man to commission it. He then
gave me the appropriate certification. You should save a shed load of money
if you are reasonably competent.

Peter Crosland