Posted to uk.d-i-y
jd jd is offline

Default warped and v old wooden doors - suggestions?

Hi there,
It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern
ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as my
house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for these
kind of doors?
JD

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 May 2007 11:02:30 -0700 Jd wrote :
It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern
ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as
my house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for
these kind of doors?

A stripping place may be happy to take them off you. But don't be
surprised if they offer you nothing then price them at £200 each after
stripping!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 19, 7:02 pm, jd wrote:
Hi there,
It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern
ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as my
house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for these
kind of doors?

Give them to freecycle setups or charities that deal with such.
Alternatively make up suitable door frames of 6 x 1 with planted stops
of 2 x 1 and sell them on eBay as ready hung and fitted.

Offer to machine the frame to suit the customer for a slightly large
amount than their bid. Then just change the frame stock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"jd" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,
It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern
ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as my
house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for these
kind of doors?

Get them stripped for around £10-15 each.
Ebay them starting at £20 collection only.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R wrote:
"jd" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,
It seems a shame to throw them away having replaced them with modern
ones. They are all slightly warped and I believe they are as old as my
house - circa 1924. Does anyone know if there is a demand for these
kind of doors?

Get them stripped for around £10-15 each.
Ebay them starting at £20 collection only.

I wouldn't bother with the stripping, which can open a can of worms eg.
charring from previous stripping attempts etc.