Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita V Bosch

Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch almost
identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr
instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I can
see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There's probably not much in it - go for the one you like. The only
thing I'd say are that the batteries are a bit low capacity for the
impact driver on both of them, so the faster charging on the mak may
be an advantage.

Oh and buy these:

being able to pop a socket on the front of the impact driver is
amazingly useful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
There's probably not much in it - go for the one you like. The only
thing I'd say are that the batteries are a bit low capacity for the
impact driver on both of them, so the faster charging on the mak may
be an advantage.

Oh and buy these:

being able to pop a socket on the front of the impact driver is
amazingly useful.

I'd concur with the above - either offer would be suitable for what you are
aiming to do. I like the Makita set that I have but I haven't tried the
Bosch. The Makita charge time is great and I've yet to run out of charge on
all three cells at once even on large jobs.

I presume you would be going to the Sittingbourne shop if you buy from
Axminster - would you be able to have a feel for both of them there? I've
never been in an Axminster shop so I don't know the setup.

Cheers

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-01 19:52:02 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch almost
identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr
instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I can
see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

or... I used to be schizophrenic but now I'm in two minds about it.

Go to Sittingbourne and buy the Makita one.....

If Sittingbourne is nice then no problem. If it isn't then the view in
the rear view mirror will compensate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch almost
identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr
instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I can
see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

The Bosch also has a single handed chuck, which is also much better quality
than the Makita chuck that you need two hands to operate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch almost
identical offer.

Do you have any similar kit from either maker already? If you do then
the ability to share chargers and possibly batteries ought to win the
argument. (note that chargers for higher voltage tools will usually
charge lower voltage battery packs as well)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-01 19:52:02 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch
almost identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr
instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I
can see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

or... I used to be schizophrenic but now I'm in two minds about it.

Go to Sittingbourne and buy the Makita one.....

If Sittingbourne is nice then no problem. If it isn't then the view
in the rear view mirror will compensate.

You haven't been to Sittingbourne have you :-)

Best thing to come out of Sittingbourne is the A249.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-02 08:51:28 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2007-05-01 19:52:02 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

and Axminster send me a flyer
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642351 with the Bosch
almost identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr
instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I
can see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

or... I used to be schizophrenic but now I'm in two minds about it.

Go to Sittingbourne and buy the Makita one.....

If Sittingbourne is nice then no problem. If it isn't then the view
in the rear view mirror will compensate.

You haven't been to Sittingbourne have you :-)

Best thing to come out of Sittingbourne is the A249.

I think I went through it on the train once......

Makita is a star Anna Kettle UK diy 4 March 3rd 07 01:04 AM
Makita 2704 Vincenzo Woodworking 0 May 5th 06 06:44 PM
Makita Mickeymouse Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 December 2nd 05 03:13 AM
makita 9401 Kenneth Widdall Woodworking 1 April 21st 05 02:27 AM
makita saw Nick Brooks UK diy 7 February 3rd 04 04:57 PM