DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Window stay (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/199370-window-stay.html)

GB April 30th 07 07:01 PM

Window stay

Can somebody please recommend a supplier of remote casement window stays -
the kind that have a long handle which turns a screw thread that
opens/closes the window.

I know that google is supposed to be my friend for this sort of thing, but
today it's turned it's back on me.

Mr Fuxit April 30th 07 10:05 PM

Window stay

On 30 Apr, 19:01, "GB" wrote:
Can somebody please recommend a supplier of remote casement window stays -
the kind that have a long handle which turns a screw thread that
opens/closes the window.

I know that google is supposed to be my friend for this sort of thing, but
today it's turned it's back on me.

Long, long ago, I used to fit such units which were supplied by both
"Teleflex Cables" and a company called IIRC "Ahrens Controls". HTH!

Cicero April 30th 07 10:28 PM

Window stay

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:01:10 +0100, GB wrote:

Can somebody please recommend a supplier of remote casement window stays -
the kind that have a long handle which turns a screw thread that
opens/closes the window.

I know that google is supposed to be my friend for this sort of thing, but
today it's turned it's back on me.

================================
They're called 'fanlight opener'.
This is one version but you can get longer ones:

http://www.aandhbrass.co.uk/products...ash_window.htm

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

sam May 1st 07 09:11 AM

Window stay

On 30 Apr, 22:28, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:01:10 +0100, GB wrote:
Can somebody please recommend a supplier of remote casement window stays -
the kind that have a long handle which turns a screw thread that
opens/closes the window.

I know that google is supposed to be my friend for this sort of thing, but
today it's turned it's back on me.

================================
They're called 'fanlight opener'.
This is one version but you can get longer ones:

http://www.aandhbrass.co.uk/products...ash_window.htm

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux
Windows shown the door

I got one here

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/

Sam

GB May 2nd 07 11:32 PM

Window stay

"sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 30 Apr, 22:28, Cicero wrote:
[...]

Thanks all. That's given me enough to go on. Much appreciated.