Posted to uk.d-i-y
JJA JJA is offline

Default Concrete Patio

I know this is a tough one. I have a concrete patio about 5m x 5m that I
want to cover with a light grain gravel. The reason being that the concrete
looks sh*t. What I want to know is, I think there is a method for laying a
substrate of bitumen adhesive, and then coating it with the gravel to a thin
layer. The reason you would do this is that if you just chuck a load of
gravel on top of concrete it will just slide around and pile up in the
corners.

My question is, what would be the best type of substrate, and I can I buy
tubs of it rather than have a contractor come round with a flippin asphalt
truck...?

Any help gratefully received!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JJA wrote:
I know this is a tough one. I have a concrete patio about 5m x 5m that I
want to cover with a light grain gravel. The reason being that the concrete
looks sh*t. What I want to know is, I think there is a method for laying a
substrate of bitumen adhesive, and then coating it with the gravel to a thin
layer. The reason you would do this is that if you just chuck a load of
gravel on top of concrete it will just slide around and pile up in the
corners.

My question is, what would be the best type of substrate, and I can I buy
tubs of it rather than have a contractor come round with a flippin asphalt
truck...?

Any help gratefully received!

I'd be inclined to lay about 3" of dryish mixed sand and cement and then
tip gravel onto it while wet..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JJA wrote:
I know this is a tough one. I have a concrete patio about 5m x 5m
that I want to cover with a light grain gravel. The reason being that
the concrete looks sh*t.

Timber decking sounds an ideal solution?

If you want any advice let me know, I've built loads.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Concrete patio gary Home Repair 0 October 21st 06 11:06 PM
Concrete or brick patio [email protected] Home Repair 16 June 15th 06 08:03 PM
Bricks over concrete patio? Walter R. Home Repair 20 June 12th 06 03:54 PM
Painting a Concrete Patio GW UK diy 9 April 13th 06 08:34 PM
Cracks in concrete patio Walter R. Home Repair 0 May 22nd 05 07:04 PM