Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kev Kev is offline

Default Will plaster key to expanded foam

I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kev" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

No it wont,why put PB over the void? why not just slap the plaster in there
when you're plastering it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kev Kev is offline

On Apr 23, 11:51 am, "George" wrote:
"Kev" wrote in message

ps.com...

I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

No it wont,why put PB over the void? why not just slap the plaster in there
when you're plastering it?

I didn't think that cement direct to copper pipe was acceptable so I
am guessing that plaster direct onto copper might be frowned upon,
plus the amount of plaster it would take.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kev wrote:
I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

plaster will stick to expanded foam, but it's a pain in the arse, if the
chasing is deep enough, cover the two pipes with fibreglass insulation and
plaster over - the pipes will have room to expand and contract and the
plastering will be easier.
Failing that, it's ex-foam *then* strips of plasterboard set into it, then
plaster.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"Kev" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

http://www.expamet.co.uk/bp/pdfs/pla...ccessories.pdf

Look for metal lathing

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"TMC" wrote in message

"Kev" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH.
If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I
had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with
foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the
PB.

Kevin

http://www.expamet.co.uk/bp/pdfs/pla...ccessories.pdf

Look for metal lathing

Or more precisely Expamet Exmet on page 17

Tony