DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hob location (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/198508-hob-location.html)

Chris J Dixon April 20th 07 11:46 PM

Hob location

I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

News Groups April 21st 07 09:46 AM

Hob location

"Chris J Dixon" wrote:
I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

New one on me although I can foresee problems if it is necessary stretch
over the hob when in use to open a window, or the fire risk in relation to
window blinds being near a source of heat, or if the window has to be used
as a fire exit in an upper floor room. Obviously food splashes onto a blind
instead of a splashback or tiled wall is not ideal.

John Stumbles April 21st 07 12:38 PM

Hob location

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:47 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Gas or electric? If it's gas there are rules on how close it is to
combustible materials such as units mounted on the wall above which I
guess (without digging out my CORGI crib sheet) would apply to blinds or
curtains, but it's pretty much common sense really (FSVO common :-))

tim..... April 21st 07 02:02 PM

Hob location

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Yes, it's the one called common sense.

tim

[email protected] April 22nd 07 12:23 PM

Hob location

On 21 Apr, 12:38, John Stumbles wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:47 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Gas or electric? If it's gas there are rules on how close it is to
combustible materials such as units mounted on the wall above which I
guess (without digging out my CORGI crib sheet) would apply to blinds or
curtains, but it's pretty much common sense really (FSVO common :-))

Sounds like an app for metal slat venetians.

NT

[email protected] April 22nd 07 12:25 PM

Hob location

On 21 Apr, 12:38, John Stumbles wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:47 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Gas or electric? If it's gas there are rules on how close it is to
combustible materials such as units mounted on the wall above which I
guess (without digging out my CORGI crib sheet) would apply to blinds or
curtains, but it's pretty much common sense really (FSVO common :-))

Or perhaps one could make a curtain out of a fire blanket or 2, then
it would perhaps be launderable.

NT

Mark April 25th 07 11:22 AM

Hob location

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:02:01 +0100, "tim....."
wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there
are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall
of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Yes, it's the one called common sense.

Wasn't common sense banned by Parliament? ;-)