DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bosch vacuum cleaner rattle (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/198233-bosch-vacuum-cleaner-rattle.html)

blackbat April 17th 07 09:20 PM

bosch vacuum cleaner rattle

I have a Bosch upright vacuum.
Switchable on/off carpet beater roller.
When I switch roller brush on I get a rattling noise as thought the
small belt drive motor is moving around.

Long shot but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Dismantled and checked but nothing obviously broken.
Possibly the belt maybe slack but no teeth missing.

The Medway Handyman April 17th 07 11:40 PM

blackbat wrote:
I have a Bosch upright vacuum.
Switchable on/off carpet beater roller.
When I switch roller brush on I get a rattling noise as thought the
small belt drive motor is moving around.

Long shot but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Dismantled and checked but nothing obviously broken.
Possibly the belt maybe slack but no teeth missing.

I'd guess stretched belt. If no adjustment try a new one?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

blackbat April 18th 07 06:58 PM

bosch vacuum cleaner rattle

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:40:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

blackbat wrote:
I have a Bosch upright vacuum.
Switchable on/off carpet beater roller.
When I switch roller brush on I get a rattling noise as thought the
small belt drive motor is moving around.

Long shot but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Dismantled and checked but nothing obviously broken.
Possibly the belt maybe slack but no teeth missing.

I'd guess stretched belt. If no adjustment try a new one?

Yup - that's probably what I'll do. Anything else will probably be
chucking good money after bad.
Are stretched belts common, Mr H?

The Medway Handyman April 18th 07 08:26 PM

wrote:

blackbat wrote:
I have a Bosch upright vacuum.
Switchable on/off carpet beater roller.
When I switch roller brush on I get a rattling noise as thought the
small belt drive motor is moving around.

Long shot but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Dismantled and checked but nothing obviously broken.
Possibly the belt maybe slack but no teeth missing.

I'd guess stretched belt. If no adjustment try a new one?

Yup - that's probably what I'll do. Anything else will probably be
chucking good money after bad.
Are stretched belts common, Mr H?

Don't know for sure, just a guess, it does happen.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

blackbat April 21st 07 11:00 AM

bosch vacuum cleaner rattle

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:26:28 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Don't know for sure, just a guess, it does happen.

Just tried a new belt; no different - you owe me 15 quid ;-)

The Medway Handyman April 21st 07 08:21 PM

wrote:

Don't know for sure, just a guess, it does happen.

Just tried a new belt; no different - you owe me 15 quid ;-)

Errrrm! Cheques in the post...........

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

raden April 21st 07 10:53 PM

bosch vacuum cleaner rattle

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
wrote:

Don't know for sure, just a guess, it does happen.

Just tried a new belt; no different - you owe me 15 quid ;-)

Errrrm! Cheques in the post...........

You should have emailed it to him ...

--
geoff