DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Preparing putty for window repaint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/197537-preparing-putty-window-repaint.html)

Charlie April 10th 07 01:56 PM

Preparing putty for window repaint

What's the best method to strip paint from window putty before
repainting it.

The current paint is badly chipped and warped so ideally I need to
remove the paint from the putty to get a decent finish.
I've removed the rest of the paint from the window quite sucessfully
with a heat gun.

I want to avoid replacing all the putty if possible although I don't
mind re-touching some of the putty if that's sensible.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Charlie

Rednadnerb April 10th 07 04:20 PM

Preparing putty for window repaint

I would recommend you don't attempt to remove it, you will gain
little. So long as you have washed it down and rubbed it lightly with
sandpaper it will be a very sound surface for new paint.