DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ping: Phil L, or someone else? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/197231-ping-phil-l-someone-else.html)

Graham Jones April 6th 07 02:29 PM

Ping: Phil L, or someone else?

Hello Phil,

In reference to the garden steps where you were so kind to reply, I have
now dug out the shape of the steps into the slope. Unfortunately there
was a lot of builders rubble in the ground and this meant an uneven
surface on the top few steps. How can I level this off prior to laying
the sand/cement layer? Level with soil and compact? Level with sand? Or
do I now need a hardcore layer? I am really loathe to purchase more
materials!

Thanks,

Graham