DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hot Water Boiler Screaming/ Buzzing Noise (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/196882-hot-water-boiler-screaming-buzzing-noise.html)

[email protected] April 2nd 07 10:36 PM

Hot Water Boiler Screaming/ Buzzing Noise

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch
screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our
hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high
pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes'
wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this
evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

The model of the hot water heater is Range Powermax 155 from RSA
Waterheating Limited.

Thanks

Gerard

Tim Downie April 3rd 07 11:48 AM

wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch
screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our
hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high
pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes'
wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this
evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

At a guess, kettling. Caused by the water reaching near boiling point in
the boiler. May be aggravated by low system pressure or low pump speed (or
a symptom of a failing pump).

If you have a sealed system check the pressure.

Tim

Pete Cross April 3rd 07 01:46 PM

Hot Water Boiler Screaming/ Buzzing Noise

Our 8yr old combi squeeled loudly, there is a ventilation fan in the top
that runs at half speed when the boiler is idle and full speed when lit. The
bearings where dry and it squeeled loudly on the slow speed, a can of spray
on grease shut it up.

--
Pete Cross