DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water softeners (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/196304-water-softeners.html)

Richard March 27th 07 07:24 AM

Water softeners

Hi, I want to get a water softener for my combi system on a 3 bed
house (without affecting the currently good flow rate and pressure).
There seems to be a wide range of options (and prices!). I have seen
the Kinetico 2020 which looks good but is twice the price of the
Minimax and the Crown block system (which for all intents look the
same unit). All three same to have very similar specs in fact. Then
there are the electric models which are even cheaper.

Any help gratefully received as I'm now a bit stumped as to what to go
for. Do they all use salt at the same rate? How often does resin have
to be replaced?

Thanks.

Rich.

Styx March 27th 07 11:29 AM

Water softeners

Richard wrote:
Hi, I want to get a water softener for my combi system on a 3 bed
house (without affecting the currently good flow rate and pressure).
There seems to be a wide range of options (and prices!). I have seen
the Kinetico 2020 which looks good but is twice the price of the
Minimax and the Crown block system (which for all intents look the
same unit). All three same to have very similar specs in fact. Then
there are the electric models which are even cheaper.

Any help gratefully received as I'm now a bit stumped as to what to go
for. Do they all use salt at the same rate? How often does resin have
to be replaced?

Thanks.

Rich.

You might want to refer to the thread started yesterday at 8.53pm titled
"Why are water softeners so expensive?"

Some interesting stuff in there.

Styx