DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hissing heating (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/196225-hissing-heating.html)

Sam Farrell March 26th 07 07:26 PM

Hissing heating

When my central heating is working I can hear the water going through the
pipes, it sounds like a hissing noise.

It is a combo boiler with mainly 22mm pipework reduced to 15mm for each
radiator.

Is there anything I can do or add to the system to reduce this noise ?

Sam Farrell

Ed Sirett March 26th 07 07:39 PM

Hissing heating

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:26:19 +0000, Sam Farrell wrote:

When my central heating is working I can hear the water going through the
pipes, it sounds like a hissing noise.

It is a combo boiler with mainly 22mm pipework reduced to 15mm for each
radiator.

Is there anything I can do or add to the system to reduce this noise ?

Sam Farrell

Quite a bit of the noise may be coming form the TRVs which are now
shutting down.

Turning down the pump in the boiler may make things quieter but may be
any of the following:
1) Contrary to the manufacturers regs.
2) A source of kettling noise in the boiler.
3) Reduce the DHW perforamnce (to an even lower level)