Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Woodspoiler

Default Sawdust collection

Good link that, and congrats on building your cyclone. I followed
the same route a few months ago and I still get a glow of
satisfaction every time I use it.

This is an opportune moment to post an update on the pressure
relief valve (mentioned in a previous thread a couple of weeks
ago) to prevent the bin collapsing and eventually splitting under
blockage conditions.

I made it. In fact I made two versions and tried various springs
from the Screwfix compression spring kit which I ended up buying.

I was delighted with the ingenuity of them and the way I had
re-purposed throwaway stuff like offcuts of copper pipe and a
used decorator's filler cartridge, until I found they didn't
work.

However, I now have a clear understanding of the problem and
other potential pitfalls.

I have a new and completely different design that takes these
into account and should work raps own head touch wood.

More details on the problem, the new design, and a load of
alternative design ideas that could be made to work as soon as
I've made my prototype and seen how it does. I'll probably knock
up some web pages because it's quite interesting (if you're the
sort of person who can get all juiced up over adventures with a
home-brew pressure relief valve).

Yes, it would have been easier to fibreglass my bin or buy a
steel one, but I wouldn't be having all the geeky fun and
learning wot I am learning with all this.

The end product will, if it works as expected, be fairly easy to
make, should work with minimal tweaking on a variety of bin
desgins and vacuum strengths, and look pretty gnarly into the
bargain.

W.

"PoP" wrote
in message ...
We've had some threads on this forum recently relating to

building
cyclones for dust collection in a workshop. I've just built a

cyclone
based upon the excellent articles posted previously, but the

one item
I had difficulty obtaining was a suitably long vacuum hose for
connecting to various workshop devices.

I thought I would pass on the following URL for anyone who

might be
looking to acquire a vacuum cleaner hose for use in their

workshop.
I've now got a 15 metre x 38 mm hose which allows me to put the
cyclone and vacuum cleaner into the roof area of my garage,

freeing
floor area downstairs and keeping the vacuum equipment out of

the way:

http://www.ezee-fix.co.uk/

Very helpful people, they do spares for all the major vacuum

cleaners.
The 15 metre hoses are available in both 32 mm and 38 mm,

product
codes VH1 and VH99 respectively.

If you do order a hose don't forget you will also need hose

ends
(called 'Tool End' and 'Machine End'). I had to phone up to get

these
added to the order because they aren't on the web site.

PoP