Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do you get rid of Moss

permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from appearing
again?

Your everloving
George

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
permanently?

You don't, moss is a plant just like any other and it grows wherever it can.
This aside, I'm sure you mean algy.

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was
thorouhly clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is
twice as much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I
cleaned it again and scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor)
paint stop it from appearing again?

IME, jetwashing does nothing to remove algy, yes it goes away, but comes
back quicker and stronger than it was before.
Painting it might help, although it would probably be more slippery than the
algy.
Algy dislikes alkalis, try a soap powder mixture scrubbed on and rinsed off,
also try and ensure adequate drainage, algy (and moss) both require moisture
to flourish

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from appearing
again?

Your everloving
George

Wait and hope for an overdose?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham Jones" wrote in message
George wrote:
permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was

thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice

as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again

and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from

appearing
again?

Your everloving
George

Wait and hope for an overdose?

obviously that doesn't work...you're still here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was

thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice

as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again

and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from

appearing
again?

Your everloving
George

Wait and hope for an overdose?

obviously that doesn't work...you're still here.

Err, my name is Jones not Moss !!!???

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Mar, 17:24, "George" wrote:
permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from appearing
again?

Your everloving
George

What kind of surface is the yard? If its sand or earth between
numerous cracks, replace with adhesive sand - I forget the exact name.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was thorouhly
clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice as
much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again and
scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from appearing
again?

The ancient remedy is to scrub in some chlorine-based household bleach.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:24:46 GMT, "George"
wrote:

|!permanently?

This is impossible :-( There are moss spores in the air which will grow
wherever they can find food, water, and a surface.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was
thorouhly clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice
as much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it
again and scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it
from appearing again?

Your everloving
George

Try Jeyes fluid as per the instructions but keep it off any plants you
want to keep.
--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Beale" wrote in message
George wrote:

permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was
thorouhly clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was.
Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice
as much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it
again and scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it
from appearing again?

Your everloving
George

Try Jeyes fluid as per the instructions but keep it off any plants you
want to keep.
--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email

That was what I used to scrub the yard with.

To all its a concrete yard but I'd imagine it not that thick a layer.
I've been informed that if I got some Zinc based paint? and paint it before
using the red brick paint that'll cure it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Phil L
writes

Algy dislikes alkalis,

Soda crystals are cheep, you can dissolve them in hot water and spray or
pour on. Should kill the moss at the very least. Might need stiff broom
to get the moss off the surface though, once it's dead.

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Moss on Roof tiles - ideas best way to get rid of it? [email protected] UK diy 15 May 9th 05 01:38 PM
How to get rid off lawn moss Walter Cohen Home Repair 12 April 21st 05 06:23 PM
How to get rid off lawn moss Walter Cohen Home Ownership 8 April 19th 05 03:02 AM
moss in gutters Eric Home Repair 0 October 23rd 04 09:41 PM
Moss on roof racarson Home Repair 8 November 14th 03 11:46 PM